Monday, April 6, 2009

Having Bigger Boobs is "taxing" on your wallet


Money is tight these days and as I was chatting with my friend Diana the other night, she mentioned how BBG’s (Big Boobie Girls) often get charged more dough for buying bigger bras. This made me think…

For years, BBG's have dealt with saving up and spending a hefty amount of cash on bigger bras; some may even say they are being taxed for this gift they were born with. I remember when I was in high school and my mother took me to a lingerie boutique that specialized in larger bra sizes. The cheapest bra there was $70! When asked why bigger sizes like DD's all the way to L’s (yes there is such a size as an L) are more expensive, I was told there are many components in a single bra and those with a bigger bust may need different straps, more fabric, etc.

Um, what about larger jeans? Blouses? Belts? Shoes? I am sorry but am I missing something here? Last year, an article was published in the Daily Mail (UK pub) titled “Bra bust as M&S accused of 'levying tax on bigger breasts” This caused an outrage in women who went on to boycott, even creating a dedicated Facebook page for the cause. (Side note: I searched Facebook and there are so many boobie pages I didn’t know where to start.) Needless to say, all you BBG’s are in luck out there. Stores like Victoria Secret do make comfortable and attractive bras and they don’t raise the price just because you are well endowed. Body By Victoria offers their full coverage bra and it’s on sale right now for $29.50. (orig. $42). I own two of them in a 36 C.

Curious to hear other opinions on this taxing matter? Go to Mama Mia and see what other BBG’s are saying out there.

No comments: