Monday, July 13, 2009

old bras, need a new purse? the bra-purse

Just a few months ago my friends and I had yet another garage sale. Among the items for sale was a large box filled with expensive bras that no longer fit me. It was a shame to sell each one for a meager dollar, but I hope a happy toothless lady roams the world wearing a 34 D Chantelle Bra with a big smile on her face!

If you aren't able to stomach the thought of getting rid of old bras, try making your bra into a purse! I know it sounds pretty crazy but there are some cute ones out there, and you can even honor Breast Cancer by putting the pink ribbon pins all over. Maybe it makes for a cute wall decoration or a great change purse for a night on the town with the girls.
About.com DIY fashion page gives you all the tools - all you need are scissors, a sewing kit, a glue gun (If your bra has an under wire) and an old bra of any size

The Web site gives you the simple step-by-step process so even your 10 year-old sister can make one out of her training bra.

I would love to post pictures, so if anyone has already done this, or is planning on creating a bra-purse, please send me pics @ allisonm.robins@gmail.com and I will post them!

No comments: