Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fuller Cleavage: Meet Macrolane

It has been said that "Sixty percent of women have some degree of asymmetry, me being one of them, until I underwent surgery and had a reduction. Now, they are both of equal size; however, had I known about Macrolane, I may have gone a different route.

According to Wikipedia, "Macrolane is a breast and body-contour filler marketed by Q-Med in the UK since early 2008. It has received attention as a less invasive alternative to surgical breast enlargement, offering an increase of one cup size through injections that only take between 30 and 90 minutes - heralding the term "30 minute boob job."

While doing some research on this filler, I found a great article from the San Francisco Chronicle documenting a woman's Macrolane journey from start to finish. She discovers that her breasts are asymmetrical and soon finds herself sitting topless in a London hospital with a plastic surgeon.

The article notes that "Forty-four percent of American women have dissatisfaction with their breasts and consider doing some augmentation."

At the closing of this article, the writer is very satisfied with the outcome of her simple surgery - "When I look in the mirror, I'm thrilled -- for the first time without padding, I have cleavage.

Click here to read the story - it provides some great insight for any women out there looking to reduce or enhance.

No comments: