Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A new sports bra...avoid the uniboob look!


I have been saying for many moons how being big-breasted and wearing a sports bra to the gym is as fabulous as waking up at 3am with a UTI. After a great workout, the boobs are not in such great shape, and may even start joining together and become the dreaded uniboob that is sooo NOT attractive. Sometimes they get very sore (even worse if Aunt Flo pays a visit) and some chafing action may occur. Although I had breast reduction surgery in 2008, at times I still double up on sports bras which causes a lot of shoulder aches and pains. Bottom line: NOT FUN.

Well, a new bra has come out that I am dying to give a try. The name? HANDFUL. It's purpose? "Designed to flatter, not flatten." I like it!

Cost is $40 and is said to flesh the girls out farther with removable inserts that can make sure no one's merely an A (not a problem for me...) Straps are slim and the bra is more revealing than the typical racer-back bra, If you are daring enough, you could even sport it shirtless as it's not too revealing. It also comes packaged with a mesh bag to maintain the fabric and longevity when tossing it in the washing machine.

Check out the story in the Miami Herald here:

Also, here's a great article about how to find the best sports bra for you, if the "handle" doesn't work.

If you have purchased this sports bra, or know anything about it, send me an email or leave a comment. Thanks! I'll give more details on where to buy it soon...looks like it hasn't been picked up by many stores yet.



No comments: